- Executive (EX) Committee
- Financial Stability (EX) Task Force
- Liquidity Assessment (EX) Subgroup
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Innovation and Technology (EX) Task Force
- Artificial Intelligence (EX) Working Group
- Big Data (EX) Working Group
- Speed to Market (EX) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
The mission of the Executive (EX) Committee is to manage the affairs of the NAIC in a manner consistent with its Articles of Incorporation and its Bylaws.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products or Services
2019 Committee Charges
- The Executive (EX) Committee will:
- Identify the goals and priorities of the organization, and make recommendations to achieve such goals and priorities, based on input of the membership. Make recommendations by the 2019 Commissioners Conference.
- Create/terminate task force(s) and/or Executive (EX) Committee-level working groups to address special issues and monitor the work of these groups. Create necessary task forces and/or Executive (EX) Committee-level working groups throughout 2019 as necessary.
- Submit reports and recommendations to NAIC members concerning the activities of its subcommittee and the standing committees. Submit a report at each national meeting.
- Consider requests from NAIC members for friend-of-the-court briefs.
- Establish and allocate functions and responsibilities to be performed by each NAIC zone.
- Pursuant to the Bylaws, oversee the NAIC offices to assist the organization and the individual members in achieving the goals of the organization.
- Conduct strategic planning on an ongoing basis.
- Plan implement and coordinate communications and activities with the Federal Insurance Office (FIO).
- Plan implement and coordinate communications and activities with other state, federal, local and international government organizations to advance the goals of the NAIC and promote understanding of state insurance regulation.
- Review and approve requests for the development of model laws and/or regulations. Coordinate the review of existing model laws and/or regulations.
- Select NAIC national meeting sites five and six years in advance of the meeting date to ensure efficient and economical locations and facilities.
- Review and revise, as necessary and appropriate, the criteria and categories for registrants at NAIC national meetings.
NAIC Support Staff: Andrew J. Beal and Kay Noonan
The Executive (EX) Committee will not be holding a separate meeting as usually scheduled, but will consider its agenda items during the Jt. Mtg. of Executive (EX) Committee and Plenary on Tuesday, August 6 at 9:00am ET.
There are no education and training events at this time.