- Market Regulation and Consumer Affairs (D) Committee
- Advisory Organization Examination Oversight (D) Working Group
- Antifraud (D) Task Force
- Antifraud Education Enhancement (D) Working Group
- Antifraud Technology (D) Working Group
- Market Actions (D) Working Group
- Market Analysis Procedures (D) Working Group
- Market Conduct Annual Statement Blanks (D) Working Group
- Market Conduct Examination Standards (D) Working Group
- Market Information Systems (D) Task Force
- Market Information Systems Research & Development (D) Working Group
- Market Regulation Certification (D) Working Group
- Producer Licensing (D) Task Force
- Producer Licensing Uniformity (D) Working Group
- Uniform Education (D) Working Group
- Public Adjuster (C/D) Working Group (disbanded)
The mission of the Antifraud (D) Task Force is to serve the public interest by assisting the state insurance supervisory officials, individually and collectively, through the detection, monitoring and appropriate referral for investigation of insurance crime, both by and against consumers. The Task Force will assist the insurance regulatory community by conducting the following activities: maintain and improve electronic databases regarding fraudulent insurance activities; disseminate the results of research and analysis of insurance fraud trends, as well as case-specific analysis, to the insurance regulatory community; and provide a liaison function between insurance regulators, law enforcement (federal, state, local and international) and other specific antifraud organizations. The Task Force also will serve as a liaison with the NAIC Information Technology Group (ITG) and other NAIC committees, task forces and/or working groups to develop technological solutions for data collection and information-sharing. The Task Force will monitor all aspects of antifraud activities by its working groups on the following charges.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products or Services:
The Antifraud (D) Task Force will:
- Work with NAIC committees, task forces and working groups (e.g., Title Insurance (C) Task Force, etc.) to review issues and concerns related to fraud activities and schemes related to insurance fraud.
- Coordinate efforts to address national concerns related to agent fraud and activities of unauthorized agents related to insurance sales.
- Coordinate the enforcement and investigation efforts of state and federal securities regulators with state insurance fraud bureaus.
- Coordinate with state, federal and international law enforcement agencies in addressing antifraud issues relating to the insurance industry.
- Review and provide comments to the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) on its Insurance Core Principles (ICPs) related to insurance fraud.
- Coordinate activities and information from national antifraud organizations and provide information to state insurance fraud bureaus.
- Coordinate activities and information with state and federal fraud divisions to determine guidelines that will assist with reciprocal involvement concerning antifraud issues resulting from natural disasters and catastrophes.
- Coordinate with NAIC committees, task forces and working groups (e.g., Financial Condition (E) Committee, etc.) and provide recommendations for the development of a database to be created and maintained by the NAIC Securities Valuation Office (SVO) specific to tracking the fraudulent financial reporting for chief executive officers (CEO), directors and corporate officers.
- Coordinate efforts with the insurance industry to address antifraud issues and concerns.
- Evaluate and recommend methods to track national fraud trends.
2019 Spring National Meeting (8:30 am - 9:30 am Regulatory Only / 9:30 am - 10:00 am Open)
Antifraud (D) Task Force
Sunday, April 07, 2019
8:30 AM ET, 7:30 AM CT, 6:30 AM MT, 5:30 AM PT
Estimated Call Length: 1 hr 30 min
Palazzo Ballroom Salons A-C - JW Marriott - Lobby Level
(8:30 am - 9:30 am Regulatory Only / 9:30 am - 10:00 am Open)
There are no exposure drafts at this time.
Basic Fraud Investigations
Antifraud Coordinator & Market Regulation Specialist II
Market Regulation Manager
Director Market Regulation
Please see the current Committee List for a complete list of committee members.