- Market Regulation and Consumer Affairs (D) Committee
- Advisory Organization Examination Oversight (D) Working Group
- Antifraud (D) Task Force
- Antifraud Education Enhancement (D) Working Group
- Antifraud Technology (D) Working Group
- Market Actions (D) Working Group
- Market Analysis Procedures (D) Working Group
- Market Conduct Annual Statement Blanks (D) Working Group
- Market Conduct Examination Standards (D) Working Group
- Market Information Systems (D) Task Force
- Market Information Systems Research & Development (D) Working Group
- Market Regulation Certification (D) Working Group
- Producer Licensing (D) Task Force
- Producer Licensing Uniformity (D) Working Group
- Uniform Education (D) Working Group
- Public Adjuster (C/D) Working Group (disbanded)
The mission of the Producer Licensing (D) Task Force is to: 1) develop and implement uniform standards, interpretations and treatment of producer and adjuster licensees and licensing terminology; 2) monitor and respond to developments related to licensing reciprocity; 3) coordinate with industry and consumer groups regarding priorities for licensing reforms; and 4) provide direction based on NAIC membership initiatives to the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) Board of Directors regarding the development and implementation of uniform producer licensing initiatives, with a primary emphasis on encouraging the use of electronic technology.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products or Services
The Producer Licensing (D) Task Force will:
Work closely with NIPR to encourage full utilization of NIPR products and services by all of the states and producers, and encourage accurate and timely reporting of state administrative actions to the NAIC’s Regulatory Information Retrieval System (RIRS) to ensure this data is properly reflected in the State Producer Licensing Database (SPLD) and the Producer Database (PDB).
Facilitate roundtable discussions, as needed, with the state producer licensing directors for the exchange of views, opinions and ideas on producer-licensing activities in the states and at the NAIC.
Discuss, as necessary, state perspectives regarding the regulation and benefit of the activities of the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) established enrollment assisters (including navigators and non-navigator assisters and certified application counselors) and the activities of producers in assisting individuals and businesses purchasing in the health insurance marketplaces. Coordinate with the Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee and the Antifraud (D) Task Force, as necessary.
Monitor the activities of the National Association of Registered Agents and Brokers (NARAB) in the development and enforcement of the NARAB membership rules, including the criteria for successfully passing a background check.
Coordinate through NAIC staff to provide guidance to NIPR on producer licensing-related electronic initiatives. Hear a report from NIPR at each national meeting.
Coordinate with the Market Information Systems (D) Task Force and the Antifraud (D) Task Force to evaluate and make recommendations regarding the entry, retention and use of data in the NAIC’s Market Information Systems.
Monitor state implementation of adjuster licensing reciprocity and uniformity; update, as necessary, NAIC adjuster licensing standards.
Draft a white paper on the role of chatbots and artificial intelligence in the distribution of insurance and the regulatory supervision of these technologies.
2019 Summer National Meeting Gramercy - 2nd Level
Producer Licensing (D) Task Force
Saturday, August 03, 2019
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM ET
Gramercy - 2nd Level